The Service of the Chairmen of Deacons/Trustees
- Attend monthly finance committee meetings.
- Count the offerings with the Treasurer or Financial Committee Member.
- Sign checks with the Financial Secretary and/or the Treasurer.
- Stay in contact with the Pastor weekly.
- Count votes with Church Clerk for church elections.
- Holds other Trustees/Deacons accountable for their responsibilities.
- The Chairman of the Deacons will act as the Moderator of the Church for business meetings when the church does not employ either a Pastor or an Associate Pastor.
1. Oversee the Building Needs
- On call for maintenance issues on a rotation of Trustee of the Week.
- Get bids for any project that needs to be done.
- Be willing to lock up if needed.
- Advise the Pastor through giving your opinion honestly about building projects and prayer
2. Oversee the Mission Ministries of the Church
- Review the mission folder at quarterly meetings with Pastor.
- Assist the Pastor in setting up the Mission Conference.
- Assist the Pastor in scheduling missionary speakers.
- Setup the Missions Team to communicate with Missionaries via email each month.
- Coordinate with the Mission Committee of the Pastor, Mission Trustee and Mission Deacon.
3. Oversee the Janitorial staff
4. Pray with the Pastor on Sundays at 5:40pm.
5. Attend bi-monthly trustee meetings.
6. Go on visitation once a month on a rotation.
7. Attend annual budget meeting in December.
8. Each Trustee will oversee an area of: Missions, Cleaning, Grounds and Nursery.
1 Thessalonians 4:9-12, “But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. 10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; 11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.”