Pastor - Tom Davis
firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook Twitter
Pastor was born in Kirkland, Illinois in 1968. He has been in ministry in the local church since 1991. He graduated from Baptist Bible College in 1991, with a degree in Pastoral Theology. He has been the senior pastor since 2005. Effingham Baptist Church is his first senior pastorate but he has served in several ministries. In 1991, he was the youth pastor/bus director/interim music minister of Calvary Baptist Church in Taylorville, Illinois, where he served for 3 years. In 1994, he became the youth pastor/interim music minister/interim pastor of Bible Baptist Church, Quincy, Illinois, where he served for 3 years. In 1996, he was the student pastor/young married pastor of Bible Baptist Church of Savannah, Georgia, where he served for 9 years. Pastor and his wife, Kelly, have been married since August 1988. They have two children, Brittany and Brooke, who are both living at home in Rincon. Pastor is a proud Husband first, Dad second.
: Computers, video games, golf, softball, basketball, working out, reading books, yard work, watching movies ...
Most Impacting Scripture Lately
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Most Inspiring Books This Year
by Thom S. Rainer & Eric Geiger
Sunday School in HD
by Allan Taylor
Ignite, Fusion, & Activate
by Nelson Searcy
So Long Insecurity
by Beth Moore
The Way of the Shepherd
by Kevin Leman
1 Timothy 3:1-7, “This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.”
- Prepare and preach for the congregation as to what God has directed.
- Having all oversight over the spiritual and material decisions as the Chief Executive Officer of Effingham Baptist Church.
- Approve all special guests and speakers for the Church.
- Oversee any benevolence to needy.
- Pray with the Church Officers weekly.
- Go on visitation weekly.
- Attend the Deacon, Trustee, Finance, Sunday School, Missions and all other Church meetings.
- Be on call to visit hospitals each week.
- Perform the ordinances of communion and baptism.
- Provide biblical counsel to those who need it and with a spouse or an accountability partner when counseling someone of the opposite sex.
- Approve or disapprove all expenses up to $1000 for budgeted items.
- Approve or disapprove all activities of the church.
- Deliver the State of the Church at the annual meeting in January before the congregation.
- Operate as the Moderator of Church business and the Purchasing Agent of Effingham Baptist Church.
- Oversight of all church employees having the responsibility to hire and fire.
- Set church staff salaries with the cooperation of the Deacons.
- Oversight of all Church documents with the advice of the Church Officers.