Church/Financial Secretary- Heather Howes
Heather was born in Columbus, Ohio on September 30, 1976. At the age of seven, Heather surrendered her life to Christ at Maranatha Baptist Church. Heather's family moved to Rincon, GA in the summer of 1992. She joined Effingham Baptist Church just eight years later and has never stopped being involved in ministry since. Other than her secretarial job at the church, she is involved with the Jr. Church, Nursery, SS Snacks, and Outreach. Heather has a servant's heart and through her actions, you see a life that is glorifying the Lord. In 2002, she married her husband Tommy Howes; they have had three children Sarah, Eli, and Sydney. Her goal in her walk with the Lord is to seek God daily in everything she does and to be disciplined. "I want my daily walk with God to be better today than it was yesterday! I want to continually be a Godly wife and mother."
Hobbies: scrapbooking, camping, fishing, bowling, working in her flower beds, walking, hanging out with her family
Most Impacting Scripture Lately:
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- As a believer in Christ, no matter how bad I mess up, through repentance I will be forgiven by the King of Kings. God's love is unconditional...nothing in this world compares to it or can take that love away.
Most Inspiring Books This Year:
Parenting Your Powerful Child by Dr. Kevin Leman
Laugh Again by Charles Swindoll
A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
2 Corinthians 9:10-15, “Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) 11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God; 13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men; 14 And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.”
- Administrate the answering of all church phone calls and greeting of all church office visitors.
- Publish the church bulletins, prayer request, flyers and church letters or emails.
- Administrate Sunday School records, curriculum and attendance reports.
- Administrate payroll, contributions, bookkeeping, financial reports and postal services.
- Administrate appointments, phone calls and mailings for the Pastor in the utmost, confidential manner.
- Manage the church office organization, purchase office supplies and authorize office machinery.
- Be committed to the support of the Pastor and an effective church ministry.